2605 W. Park Ave
The Field Operations Division is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the field components for the drinking water, wastewater and reclaimed water systems throughout the City.
The employees in this division attend schooling and receive certificates for water distribution, wastewater collection, reclaimed water inspection, backflow testing and other areas of specialties. The rewards of this training are invaluable to the safety and optimal performance of the utility distribution and collection systems in the City of Edgewater.
Below is a list of some of the services these dedicated professionals of the Field Operations Division provide:
- Emergency service is provided 365 days a year and 24 hours a day to maintain the best possible service to all customers.
- Provide prompt, courteous and efficient service on a daily basis.
- Inspection service of residential and commercial water systems to inform owners of possible plumbing problems or leaks, which can increase their utility bill.
- Maintenance of nearly 200 miles of water distribution lines, reclaimed water lines and wastewater collection lines.
- Monitor over 10,000 water meters on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy and equitable service to the customer.
- Maintenance of almost 700 fire hydrants including routine flushing, testing, and painting to ensure proper flow, pressure and visibility for emergency personnel.
- Installation of water lines, sewer lines and force mains and meters.
- Cross connection control and backflow prevention testing to maintain the integrity of the potable water system.
- Assurance that backflow prevention devices are installed where necessary and tested annually.
- Work in a professional manner with engineers, private contractors and state agencies in order to provide utility locates and information for expansion to the systems to meet the needs of new customers within the City and beyond.